MDT TAC21 GEN2 CHASSIS SYSTEM
Our TAC21™ Gen2 chassis system is a combination of benchrest accuracy, superior ergonomics and specialized design. This chassis brings the bolt action rifles to the next level in versatility and modularity, with an instant improvement in accuracy.
The chassis system is manufactured out of billet 6061-T6 aluminum, which has been finished with Cerakote™ in Black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE).
TAC21™ Gen2 chassis is engineered to minimize warping and distortion. The rifle receiver only makes contact with the TAC21™ Gen2 chassis on the V shape bedding and recoil lug area insuring the best accuracy and repeatability. The generous clearance on the forend makes any barrel (diameter up to the receiver size – 1.350”) free floating.
Inherently, the TAC21™ Gen2 has a straight-line design, meaning that the recoil comes straight back instead of making the front of the rifle kick upwards. This results in more accurate and quicker follow up shots. This also translates to a decrease in felt recoil and increase in comfort.
The TAC21™ Gen2 chassis system is currently manufactured for the following bolt action rifle platforms:
- Remington 700 Short Action (.223 and .308 bolt faces)
- Remington 700 Long Action (.300WM, .338LM, 7mm RM, 30.06)
- Savage Short Action, Models 10, 11, 12 and 16 (.223 and .308 bolt faces)
- Savage Long Action, Models 110, 111, 112 and 116 (.300WM)
- Tikka T3 – Short Calibers (.223 and .308 bolt faces)
- Tikka T3 – Long Calibers (.300WM, 6.5×55, 7mm RM, 30.06). Requires MDT 3.560 Magazine.
Please note: For Savage Long Action in 338 Lapua Magnum: Savage Long Action Chassis Systems all use 3.715″ AICS magazine wells. The model 110BA in 338 Lapua Magnum uses 3.850″ magazines and have recently switched to a thicker recoil lug which will not fit our TAC21 Gen2 chassis. We do however have our ESS Chassis available for this model.